USA Swimming Seeking Safe Sport Education Coordinator
Position Title: Safe Sport Education Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Safe Sport
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
It is the mission of the USA Swimming Safe Sport program to increase awareness of, and reduce the risk for abuse in sport. USA Swimming is seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about keeping kids safe in sport. The Safe Sport Education Coordinator is responsible for development and implementation of a comprehensive Safe Sport training and education strategy. This person is responsible for the development and management of Safe Sport educational resources delivered through multiple channels including videos, DVDs, webinars, conferences, and website content.
• Work directly with coaches, athletes, parents, and volunteers to increase understanding of Safe Sport.
• Develop and execute strategy for training of non-athlete and athlete members, as well as non-member parents through in-person and online training and print materials.
• Lead workshops for regional Safe Sport volunteers.
• Consult with clubs, coaches, and parents on Safe Sport questions and concerns.
• Increase awareness of Safe Sport through online channels including blog, website and social media.
• Update website as needed; write or solicit articles for website content.
• Interface with other divisions in the organization to incorporate Safe Sport messages into training and promotional efforts.
• Work with the LSC Safe Sport Coordinators to promote Safe Sport education and training at the local level.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in communications, public policy, advocacy, social work, counseling, women’s studies, gender studies, children and family studies, other related fields or commensurate experience.
• Knowledge of child sexual abuse and/or sexual assault and an unwavering commitment to abuse prevention.
• Accustomed to collaboration and working on teams.
• Experience creating or updating websites, social media, online education systems or project/program management.
• Experienced in facilitating group discussions and public speaking
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Detail oriented, self-starter
• 25% Travel required
• Experience in swimming or other sport preferred but not required.
• Technical skills: computer skills including Word, Excel, HTML, and Power Point with embedded video, web design, and familiarity with web based applications.
• Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by July 1, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
First posted June 3, 2014