ONLINE OFFICIALS TEST
You can take the online officials test for any of the following:
Certification and Re-certification for:
Stroke & Turn/Timer
Open Water Judge
Open Water Referee
Foundations of Coaching - DVD based
Safety Training for Swim Coaches
To take the test offline and then enter your answers at a later time, see instructions below in the "Critical Test Taking Information."
If you have questions about which test you should take or if your certification has expired, contact your LSC Officials Chair. Click here to find that contact information.
NOTE - USE 2013 RULEBOOK TO TEST!
From now until April 15 (online tests are not available April 15-30), please make sure you are using the 2013 RULEBOOK to take your test. Tests will reflect changes in the 2014 Rulebook effective May 1, 2014.
NOTE - CHANGES TO THE TECHNICAL RULES!
Please make sure you are familiar with these changes
to the technical rules that became effective September 23, 2013 BEFORE
taking your test.
Instructions to Sign In to website account to take the Officials tests
To take any of the officials tests you must first sign to your usaswimming.org website account with your user name and password.
1. If you have never created an account on usaswimming.org: You must first create an account. If you have completed your Non-Athlete membership with your Local Swimming Committee (LSC), follow the instructions to link your Web site account to your USA Swimming membership. Once you have created the account and linked it to your USA Swimming membership, navigate back to this page to continue the online officials test. If your membership is still pending, you can still come back here and continue the online test. You should link your account after you receive your USA Swimming Membership card from your LSC.
2. Already have an account? Sign in with your user name and password. Then navigate back to this page to continue the online officials test.
3. If your website account information needs to be updated, please go to "My Account" and make the necessary corrections (NOTE: the information for the online test signup does not automatically link to your USA Swimming account). Remember to link your website account to YOUR membership, not your child's membership.
Have questions about which certification test you should take, or if your certification has expired, contact your LSC Officials Chair. Click here for your LSC Official's Chair contact information.
If you have a problem logging in or accessing your website account, contact Gina Mensay in Member Services at USA Swimming at 719.866.3574 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CRITICAL TEST TAKING INFORMATION
- By selecting your LSC from the drop down list, your LSC Official’s Chair receives email notification when you successfully complete the test. Click this link if you need to see a map of the U.S. to determine your Local Swimming Committee (LSC).
- You have the option of printing a blank version of the test to work offline. Follow these instructions: Click the Start Test link, choose your test and then click "Next." On the "Test Signup" page, verify your account information then click "Save Information & Proceed to Test" link. Here you will either "Start Test" or you can "Print Blank Version of Test." Print the blank copy of test and then "Return to Test Selection" page. When ready to enter your test answers, log back in to your account, go to the Start Test page and in the PRIOR TEST BOX, click "Resume" next to your saved test. Do not start a brand new test or the questions will be different than the test you printed out.
- You can start and stop as often as you wish before submitting your completed test. Click "Save and Resume Later" should you wish to exit the test. To resume, follow the steps discussed above and start where you left off by entering in the "Go" box (found towards the bottom of the page) the number of the last question answered. The system automatically saves each answer every time you click on the "Next" or "Previous" button.
- Remember - each question has two parts, Part 1 (the test question) and Part 2 (the Rulebook reference(s) that make the answer correct). Both parts must be answered correctly and completely to receive full credit. When more than one reference is required, click the box for each correct reference. For example, if the question reads "There are two (2) or three (3) correct references for this question" then there are two (or three) correct answers required. NO PARTIAL CREDIT is given for the reference part of each question.
- Once a test is complete, click on the "Complete the Test and Score" button and you will receive a score instantly. You can request a printout of the test that you just took with the option of either viewing and/or printing the entire test or only those answers that were incorrect.
TO USE WITH THE TIMING JUDGE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIAL TESTS