CLUB EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
The Club Excellence Program is a voluntary program that identifies and recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to performance excellence. This program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Promote the development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18 & under athletes;
- Provide recognition and resources to motivate and assist member clubs to strive for the highest ideals of athlete performance.
The program provides grant funding and recognizes the club development system as integral to achieving excellence in the sport.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
The program annually recognizes up to 200 outstanding clubs and provides monetary grants to those who qualify as Gold Medal or Silver Medal clubs. Upon recoginition as a Gold, Sliver or Bronze Medal Club, recipients enjoy the following benefits:
- A 4 'x 6' banner recognizing their level of achievement
- The right to use the Club Excellence Program logo in advertising and promotional materials for a 1 year period
- The club's level of achievement is displayed on the USA Swimming website in the club search section
- Gold and Silver level clubs are eligible to apply for grant funding
2014 Club Excellence Application
There are two parts to the Club Excellence program application; the electronic general information component and the Online Meet Entry (OME) system for the performance scoring component. Both parts must be completed and submitted to USA Swimming.
It may be helpful to complete a rough draft of the application by hand prior to completing the electronic application. Click Here for a blank copy of the application. This option is provided to help you work through the application. The paper copy is not acceptable for submission.
You must enter your information via this online tool; paper versions will not be accepted.
Once completed, we recommend that you print a hard copy of this portion of the application. To do so, you must print the summary on the last page before you click "submit".
The application deadline is October 18, 2013.
Click Here to complete the 2014 Club Excellence application.
2014 Program Information & Requirements
2014 Program TIMELINE
• September 1, 2013 - Program announcement distributed to all USA Swimming clubs. Application forms and information available on the USA Swimming website.
• October 18, 2013 - Deadline for applications from clubs to USA Swimming.
• December 13, 2013 - Club rankings announced by USA Swimming & Grant applications sent to all Gold and Silver clubs.
• February 21, 2014 - Deadline for grant applications to USA Swimming from Gold and Silver clubs.
• April 18, 2014 - Grant awards announced by USA Swimming.
Please direct any questions regarding the program to Pat Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom Avischious at email@example.com.